It was a tragic day at the Cascarano (though admittedly 3/4 "Deretich") Household the day my iPod speaker dock finally bit the dust. For literally months prior to its demise, I could only turn the volume UP on the thing, which was mildly acceptable to yours truly as that is the only direction I feel music should be "turned" (with the exception of the majority of popular country music, which should only be turned "off") I also had to hold the iPod into place using a makeshift stand in order for it to properly connect with the device. It sounded like crap and looked even worse, but dammit it was mine and I had a deep appreciation for it and the years of faithful service it provided.
Ever since it ceased even attempting its duty I had been living in a state of squalor; forced to listen to music either through my ear buds or the speakers on my laptop; even more annoyingly I had to REMEMBER to charge my iPod through alternative means (apparently something I struggle with) and as a result suffered from a lack of music all too often; my children complained on a regular basis that they had to share computer time with iTunes...
That is until my birthday, when I received an amazing and unexpected gift in the form of a new iPod speaker dock!!! It is black, has a 10 hour rechargeable battery (meaning I drag it along with me throughout the house), both increases and decreases in volume, sounds lovely, doesn't require a box to keep it in place, and the pièce de résistance is that it has a remote! I am utterly in love. My ridiculous feelings on independence and relationships have gone out the window and I would marry this thing if it weren't wrong on so many levels. All this combined with my wonderful 120 GB iPod classic, that has taken many a beating yet keeps on ticking, I am in a state of bliss.
Now I'm off to enjoy my music and continue the arduous task of preparing my young children for a mere three weeks of school before they get yet another two weeks off.
No comments:
Post a Comment