Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Disappointment

Originally posted 11/3/2009

Have you ever been so disappointed in someone that you contemplated creating a new word to describe the feeling? I am talking about the kind of disappointment that is truly gut-wrenching, where all you want to do is fix what you can, though you realize that there is simply nothing you can do, so you try to deal with it as best you can before realizing you can’t do that any more either...then you write about it?
Oh, well, me either. I was just wondering.
So I am lying, whatever. It’s complicated. It’s complicated in that I like to tell people what to do and I sometimes shouldn’t. Or just I shouldn’t. Again...whatever. Semantics. And I have a difficult time watching people make stupid mistakes; however, I don’t seem to care if I am the one making the stupid mistakes, I am just so much better at telling other people what to do. Do as I say, not as I do? Right? :)
What then shall I take with me from this experience? Um...lets see...I am not sure if I am at this point yet, so I may be pushing it a tad. How about, understanding that people will do what they want to do regardless of other peoples feelings? Or, not to make mountains out of mole hills? Hmm...none of them are really hitting it, maybe after a few more days introspection.
In the words of Jimmy Durante (whom I used to listen to at my Grandparents house with Carrie when we were house sitting)...
“Smile though your heart is aching. Smile even though it’s breaking. When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by. You’ll find that life is still worth while, if you just smile”

No comments: