Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowy Saturday

Spending this Saturday in the comfort of my "house," drinking coffee, reading my book, playing games with kiddos (who have thus far remained relatively well-behaved), and enjoying the last weekend of track break before the boys return to school after getting the month of November off. Both boys have expressed a marked desire to NOT resume school on Monday, therefore I am sure that morning will be a jubilation filled extravaganza of epic proportions; I'm already dreading the sound of my own voice as I attempt to get the kids ready for school. Yikes.

For Annalise, however, Monday can simply not come soon enough. In my outrageously spoiled four year old's eyes, "Mommy Time" is TOPS! And I'm choosing to embrace and enjoy this time with my daughter, because I know that this is fleeting and all too soon this child (who is already eerily like me) will become an independent young lady making her way in the world.

On an entirely separate note, I am now 29 years old. Spent the majority of my birthday in solitude, went to the bookstore, met my girlfriends for dinner and drinks, then had ice cream with my kids. Gavin made me a card that says, "Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! I hope you will like this! I'm happy it's your birthday! Can you please fix the computer? Hmm...will you? Hmm...maybe? Love, Gavin"  He wouldn't let anyone read it until after I had. Cracked me up. Owen's said, "Happy Birthday. Mom I like you because you are nice. Love, Owen." :) Annalise drew me a picture of a banana.

Birthday outta the way means Christmas is just around the corner, time to scrape together money for presents. Who needs their house cleaned in exchange for cash money? Money, Cash, Hoes? Anyone? No? Whatever, that was awesome.

As I have yet to fix the computer, as requested by my son on my birthday, I have no pictures to add to this, just imagine something amazing because I'm sure that's what I would have included had I not chosen to ignore the fact that my macbook is requiring frequent "force quits" to function in the most diminutive way...

No comments: