A friend from high school has mentioned to me multiple times that I ought to visit him in Holland, as recently as a few days ago, I think I will take him up on that offer. Not in the immediate future, though I am working on how to get there ASAP. The last time I attempted to plan a trip abroad was for my 10th anniversary, we made it to that anniversary, but not out of the country. Bummer. Too bad it wasn't the other way around. ;) I'm now planning a trip for my 30th b'day, not for my actual birthday, however, because my parents chose a very inconvenient time to conceive me, therefore I was born during the last part of the year and not my first choice in travel time. I can wait a few extra months...
The Netherlands will be an obvious place, but I need to decide which other countries, sites, etc, I wish to visit during that trip, it's overwhelming just thinking about it. You may not know this about me, but I am a bit of a nerd. I read history books for fun. A lot of them. A quite common phrase I hear is, "How can you read that?" Well, the answer is...I'm a nerd. So there you have it. My point being that my adoration of all things historical will play a roll in my decision making process and I fear that roll will be making said process more difficult. Being made only more complicated by my wish also to visit the countries of my lineage; Italy, Germany, Scotland, and Norway.
I should just do what I've thought about for years and move there and just take trips every weekend and throughout the year. Though I fear that would only serve to alleviate one stress, while adding a whole host of others...Suppose I'll hold off for the time being.
Adding to all this complexity is my damn desire to visit EVERYWHERE else. I've been fortunate enough to live in a variety of places in the United States; South West, East, Pacific Northwest, and landing in Idaho. I've traveled this country a fair amount during my 28 (really 29) years as well, and have enjoyed it greatly; however, there are many more places I intend to visit...
Perhaps I should just go to school for something that requires travel. Hmm, I'm just going to keep dreaming and see what I will make happen...

No comments:
Post a Comment