Originally posted 5/10/2010
It is spring again. I suppose it should mean something profound, like a new beginning and all that, but I don’t seem to care very much right now. The past several weeks have been all about my divorce: issues with child support (and the ex’s inability to correctly divide the monthly ordered support amount by 2, and without me there to correct his math he seems lost), attempting to get back a portion of our 401k proceeds (which he liquidated without my consent with the purpose of paying his attorney fees), appointments for mediation, writing affidavits...blah blah.
Seriously though, is this divorce over with yet? It’s been a great 4 months, but I’m growing tired of going to court. Don’t get me wrong though, I am fascinated with the judicial system now and I love learning new things about it, but honestly I can’t sit through any more of my own litigious crap. If we are unable to come to an agreement and have to go to court, our court date is September 3. I hope we settle before then.
Should the end of my marriage illicit more sadness than I currently feel. Perhaps my sadness is being overshadowed by the overwhelming sense of relief that takes over whenever I realize that I am no longer stuck in an unhappy marriage; settling for something less than either of us deserve. Maybe I’ve just known that it wasn’t working out for such a long time that I got to bypass that useless “guilt” and “regret” phase. Or maybe it’s just that I don’t care.
Regardless of the reason, I am now happily enjoying what little freedom is afforded to a 28 year old with 3 children, no spouse, and limited income. :) I never really had expectations for my life as an adult, I don’t suppose I gave it much thought (hence the getting married at 18 thing), so now that I am an adult I hope to learn how to look into my future, and maybe something fantastic will jump out at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment