Oh my stars, here we go; the last year of my 20's is about to commence; I better get some of the crazy crap out of the way before I become an old spinster ("old spinster" may be a tad redundant). Piercing something perhaps? I can hear the gasps from my parents house now... No worries Mom and Dad, likely the piercing wont be visible anyway. Never mind, I'll save my money for gas, soap, and other household items. Damn responsibility.
I can state most assuredly that this is not quite where I planned to be at 29, though honestly what sort of plan did I possibly have? Some of my decisions have been questionable at best; however, I wouldn't change any of them; I really and truly like the person I have become, I feel those decisions (questionable and otherwise) have been what's helped me arrive at this place and I am thankful for the lot of them and all the "learning" I have had to do as a result. That being said, obviously there is significant room for growth; many things I must address, things I plan on doing and wish to accomplish. I feel that this is simply the beginning of the next phase of my life and I plan on grabbing this bitch by the horns...
Nietzsche had some good points (his last decade of mental instability aside, of course), my favorite of which is, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
No comments:
Post a Comment