Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's That Time Again


Yep. Only 16 short days until what would have been Ethan's 6th birthday.

This time of year is particularly difficult for me, not only because of the memories, but with trying to cope with the reality that just because it means a lot to me doesn't me it means a lot to others. Simply put: People don't remember--Even those I would expect (or hope) to remember. I'm sure I'll have more to say on that topic later.

This year is especially hard because Ethan was born on Saturday June 9th and this year his birthday falls on Saturday; and there is just something making the memories of the events that lead to his death so much stronger. And I have a difficult time every year regardless. June 8th I relive the day...every year.

Last year was hard, but I think that's because I was pregnant with Annalise. I'm not sure how this year with be, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Ugh.

Annalise is eating Cheerios and I need to "monitor" her, so maybe I'll blog later...probably not. :)

No comments: