It was a short 4 days, but it was full and enjoyable. My sister Carrie and brother-in-law Tom have so many books -- Now I want them to move up even sooner so I can borrow all of them!! :)
We did a lot, so I'll just post the pictures. I love my sister and Tom so much, it's so hard to leave. I don't know if I can handle saying goodbye again. :(
On Tuesday night we went to the cemetery and then to my Uncle Pete and Auntie Sue's house!! We got to meet two new little cousins (cousin's kids really). Little Alexi and Evan; They are such sweet babies - I want to squeeze them). We gave my aunt 1 hour before we showed up at their house and she managed to get to the store AND whip up a fabulous meal (lasagna - YUM!).
Hanging out with family was just wonderful. I know I've missed it a lot. I totally related to my cousin Stephanie (who has 3 kids under 4 years!). It's so difficult to have 3 little ones underfoot, and she does it so well, I loved seeing all three of her kiddos. I wish Gavin and Owen had been there to play with Austin and Makayla, they would have really enjoyed it. This was the family I grew up with and spending time with them - with people who know who I am - just helps me remember how loved I am.
So, with a renewed sense of family, I returned to home Wednesday evening (closer to very early Thursday morning). Seeing the boys when they woke up in the morning was so great, I missed them so much. They both gave me hugs, and Owen kept telling me he missed me and gave me hugs and kisses. :)
Yesterday was Gavin's preschool graduation (though he'll be going back next year), and it was so cute. He wore a little hat and did songs and nursery rhymes. He got up with another little boy and acted out Jack and Jill!! It was flipping adorable!! He also did Little Miss Muffet!! It was so great seeing him put himself out there like that, a vast difference from his other preschool. He's just doing so well!! I'm so proud of him.
I miss Carrie and Tom, but hopefully they will be up here within the next few months and the next phase of life can begin. :)
1 comment:
The time flew by much too quickly limple sister. Thanks for your visit. It was awesome(o) kicking it with you and the baby girl. She's pretty hilarious.
One day you can borrow books... One day...
Post a Comment