I know, I know...I'm picking an easy one. It's easy to blog what others have written, but I feel this has some meaning for me though so I will do it anyway. :) From the Buddha's teachings as collected and written by Chekawa Yeshe Dorje.
(obviously I'm just picking some of the ones I feel are most pertinent to me now)
When the world is filled with evil,
Transform all mishaps into the path of bodhi.
Be grateful to everyone.
Always maintain only a joyful mind.
If you can practice even when distracted, you are well trained.
Change your attitude, but remain natural.
Don't talk about injured limbs.
Don't ponder others.
Abandon any hope of fruition.
Don't be so predictable.
Don't malign others.
Don't wait in ambush.
Don't bring things to a painful point.
Don't try to be the fastest.
Don't act with a twist.
Don't make gods into demons.
Don't seek others' pain as the limbs of your own happiness
Correct all wrongs with one intention.
Always meditate on whatever provokes resentment.
Don't be swayed by external circumstances.
Don't misinterpret.
Train wholeheartedly.
Liberate yourself by examining and analyzing.
Don't wallow in self-pity.
Don't be jealous.
Don't be frivolous.
Don't expect applause.
There are a few that I left out, but I think I got the main point down. It's almost midnight now and while the baby in my "tummy" is still awake and kicking, I'm starting to dose. I also tend to make less sense when I'm tired, so continuing to write would not be best. :)
Until next time (which will hopefully be less than a week!!)
2 comments:
Wow, powerful and meaningful.
Glad to see you are posting more!!
xoxo
I love that! I need to borrow some of your books because I know I am guilty of some of those in the past few months. Not intentionally... but they are wonderful words to guide me...
love your blog!!!!!!!
Post a Comment