Monday, June 12, 2006

I Am Clean!!

Yes, I just got out of the shower and now I am clean. Feels awfully nice, and I did some thinking in the shower (as one does) and now I will astound you with a short list of the things I thought of whilst I showered:

1. I was very frustrated and short-tempered today. I blame part of it on the hormones of pregnancy and the rest on just being me, regardless of the cause, however, the shower has helped remind me that I need to be more mindful and in order for that to be successful in that I need to practice more often. One simply cannot make the decision on a whim to be mindful and therefore you will be...it takes practice and study. In recent days I have not done any studying and I feel that is the likely culprit in my inability to remain mindful, and so when I complete and publish this blog I shall study.

2. With every single one of my pregnancies I have worried that my water would break early...it never has. I worry most that my water will not only break prematurely but that it will happen in the shower and I may not even notice it!! Totally freaks me out. All of my deliveries were induced and my water was broken at that point by the doctor. Though I don't believe that makes my fear unfounded; pregnancies vary and mine have run the gamut of complications so who knows what this pregnancy will throw at me.

3. I need to get my hair done, it’s been far too long and I look far too sloppy…resolution: I shall get my hair done at my earliest convenience.

That’s about all I thought about that is worth writing, though I will add this disclaimer – Do NOT weigh yourself at the end of the night, before a shower, at 7.5 months pregnant, after a hot day…you’ll regret it. Unless you have a healthy self-esteem, in which case it probably wouldn’t bother you. On that note I recognize I have more than mindfulness to study so I should head off.

Merci.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered another shower to complete your pondering?

Love,

Mom

Lori Renn said...

I so know what you mean about the water breaking thing. My water broke the first time but it was a little pinhole causing a little trickle. Well, long story short, I thought the same thing happened with my third but found out at the hospital I had just peed my pants. The next day at school when my 9 yr old son was asked about the baby, he told everybody "no baby yet, my mom just peed her pants!!!".