Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bad Friend Alert!!

OK, I'm a bad friend.

There, I've said it.

June 5th was my friend Angie's birthday and instead of throwing a big bash and having nice gifts for her to open and undoubtedly enjoy...I forgot. And as the Supernanny would say, "That is unacceptable behavior!" There is no reason for me to forget a best friends birthday, especially when she has never ceased to remember her friends birthdays. My birthday last year was very special to me because of Angie: she brought me brownies (delicious brownies, yum!) with candles, flowers, a card, and organized a group gift for a spa gift certificate. And what did I do for her?? Well, I sent her an email the day after her birthday talking about MYSELF!!

To top all of this off, Angie is well aware of my freaky ability to remember dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) and then I forget hers. Of all the birthdays I could have forgotten, did it have to be hers?? Why couldn't it have been my dads or my husbands?? At least then it would make some sense! :)

So here I go off to face the day with the knowledge that my karma is needing some help.

Happy Belated Birthday, Angie!! You rock and I wish you a happy year and promise that next year on June 5th you'll wish I had forgotten your birthday again!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O you crack me up, but I am on that bad list too... you guys are the best friends I have... and to forget her birthday... of all days. I have been kicking myself alllllllll day. I am not worthy

Lori Renn said...

Can't wait for the "I'm making up for being a bad friend last year" Party next year. Make sure I get my invite.