It's late...or early. Whichever. My back is dead so I took some oxy and now of course I can't sleep. I feel so old -- my back just kills me. I don't think many people understand exactly what goes down with my stupid back, so I think I'll explain:
It hurts! But more descriptively, it hurts all the time. Usually it is a nuisance, something I can live with and move on from. However, if I bend or twist or even LOOK a certain way it irritates that disc in my spine that makes me want to just curl into a ball and sleep; that is if curling into a ball wouldn't hurt like Holy hell, which it would so I don't do that.
That is the norm, balancing between just a back pain that I can live with and intermittent "real" pain that usually doesn't last that long. BUT every once in a while: maybe 4-5 times a month, I do something truly fantastically crappy that causes pain with every move I make...or don't make for that matter; Walking. Sitting. Talking. Eating (though i seem to manage this one regardless, damn). Sleeping. Etc, they all just hurt. It's a sharp pain that radiates across my back and occasionally down my leg. Most of the time the pain is just dull and irritating and I am quite capable of managing my day-to-day jobs (or procrastinating on said jobs) so it doesn't interfere with my life. The "sharpies" on the other hand DO interfere with daily duties.
It makes it difficult if not impossible to do those fun little things one takes for granted when they are well...laundry, dishes (specifically emptying the dishwasher), showering, putting on shoes, attempting to stay on top of the millions of little toys your three kids get out of their rooms to play with during they day, putting those same three kids into the car to go to school...the list goes on and on.
So while I am complaining I will say that I have it lucky. The "bad" pain is not constant and medication usually helps at least a little. I know that there are people out there living with severe chronic pain; my Uncle Pete has had back problems for as long as I can remember, and my Grandma has been suffering for well over a year with a crappy hip (which she will luckily be having REPLACED next month!!). So I suppose that is my perspective; I know that I could go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow and feel better, while those people that I love get no such relief.
Well, I think it is time for me to try to sleep again. Ciao peeps! Rock on! :)
2 comments:
back pain sucks. so sorry to hear you are suffering. will you need surgery?
Sure wish my wonderful Dr. Pheasant was still around. He had kept me pain free for years. Hoping Dr. Poole will be able to do the same next month. Then I'll be able to come & empty your dishwasher & fold clothes, & hug your wonderful children,my greats
ILYMTYLM
G'ma
Post a Comment