Monday, September 03, 2007

My three little kidlets!!



Being 1, 3, and 5 they can be quite a handful. They are amazing little people, just little bundles of funny comments, frustrating moments, sweetness, anger, outbursts, hugs, and kisses. Though the moments of frustration are frequent and tend NOT to be accompanied by any of those sweeter moments, I still consider myself the luckiest person in the world. After enduring loss and realizing the value of each child...it helps you see things differently.

Gavin is five years old and lets you know it. He bargains with you, can tell you exactly how he's feeling, and has tantrums that would bring even some of the most seasoned parents to tears. Every day I watch the kid and wonder where the past 5 years have gone, who is this young man standing in front of me asking me when Transformers will be out on DVD? This boy who just 5 years ago snuggled in my arms in a bundle, and now goes off to school like a big kid? He's amazing and I love him.



Owen is a rambunctious, hilarious three year old, who keeps me laughing during those moments when I'm not wanting to pull my hair out. He is surprisingly sweet and giving and lives to spend time with both his brother and sister; often letting Annalise out in our backyard with him even though he knows I don't like it. He is a little helper and just wants people to listen to what he has to say, and there's a lot...most of it is incredibly insightful. What a joy he is, even when he isn't. :)



Annalise is my little baby, who is really not a baby anymore, she is almost 13 months old and is one of the most easy-going, sweet tempered children I've ever known. I attribute that to her awareness that I have two other children that require their own helpings of my attention and she is most willing to share with them. She started walking at 10 months and hasn't stopped since, she wants to know everything already. And when a child's favorite food is spareribs how can she not be practically perfect?




That's basically it, I don't live in a fantasy land where my children are perfect and my life is a dream. We have difficult moments...very difficult moments at times. The screaming, whining, and arguing can sometimes (and MORE than sometimes) make me want to loan my children out indefinitely; however, I lived the alternative after Ethan died and the silence is unbearable. I truly value the moments I get to just sit and be, as they are few and far between and help to recharge my parental batteries, but the moments with my kids are the important ones, the ones I am going to remember when this phase of my life is complete.

Arrivederci

No comments: