Tuesday, July 11, 2006

8 Month Pregnant Woman On Bed Rest Cleans Messy Garage

To end the suspense for my adoring fans I shall tell you all about my incredibly interesting week!!

July 2nd -- we celebrated my sister’s birthday at my parents with some yummy burritos. Happy B’day Katie!!

July 4th -- Johnny had to work so the boys and I headed to my folks neighborhood for a Rainy Independence Day Block Party. The kids ate, played with water balloons (which really means they grabbed a balloon…ran to the street…and dropped their balloons…such cute boys!!), watched fireworks, played with light sticks, and had fun. Gavin followed my cousin Jennifer around and wanted to do everything she did, he just loves her so much, and it’s sweet! We went home around 11 PM and when we walked into the house Gavin was so cold he asked, “Mom, why is it freezing in here?” He said it right in front of my dad who already gives me a hard time about my A/C. :) So my message to the world is…I’m pregnant…I can’t stand the heat…I keep my house at 70-72 degrees…if you don’t like it bring a sweater. :)

July 6th -- Johnny and I started our Garage!! For those of you that have been witness to the awesomeness that was my garage you know that just walking out into it was a chore. So after several hours and a misplaced 4 year old I went to my OB appointment where I was told, “You’re having contractions every 3 minutes.” So they took me off the Procardia that wasn’t really doing anything, and put me on oral Terbutaline and slapped me on bed rest. I cannot be on my feel for longer than 15 minutes at a time. Now I’m on bed rest…

July 7th -- and 8th -- We pretty much finished our garage. My dad came over with his ladder to help us get some junk into the attic...THANKS DAD! He also took a few bags of clothes to donate...more thanks! There are still some things we need to get done like donating a crap load of stuff and going through 5 huge tubs of toys to throw out and donate (I don’t intend on starting that until the fall though…it’s a pretty big job that I’m just not physically up to at this point.

July 9th -- My first Sunday scrap in weeks and my friend April came over. We were lacking some friends, but hope this coming Sunday will have substantially more people. :)

July 10th -- One month until my scheduled c-section!!

Which leads me to today, and honestly not a lot happened. I played with the kids, did some laundry, sat around a lot, made a terrible dinner, and now I’m blogging. It's been a difficult couple of days because this the same gestation I was when I delivered Ethan...it's always a disheartening and worrisome time in my pregnancies.

Well, I have some dresser drawers to go through tonight so I should get going lest I get nothing accomplished before I go to sleep. But don’t worry about me; I’ll be off my feet with drawers on my bed. :)

Much love to my peeps!

SIDE NOTE: The amount of trash we’ve accumulated not only this past week, but from our garage “make-over” as well is alarming. I’m not exactly sure how the garbage guys will take it when they arrive at our house on Thursday morning. YIKES.

2 comments:

Lori Renn said...

hey you, make sure you let me know if i can help you in any way. if you just want to come over and let the boys run wild in my back yard, it's all good. xoxo

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm sounds like someone is not bedresting like she is supposed to be????? Love you! miss you! c ya in a few hours. & you better be bed resting!!!!!