Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sisters


I am the second of three sisters. I always have been (well technically I wasn't until my little sister was born a few months before I turned six--but for all intents and purposes I have been), and I always will be.



Carrie, Katherine and I all have pretty strong personalities, just ask our significant others. :) Being with any of us can be overwhelming to the weak of heart because we know what we want and usually how to get it...but put the three of us together and we are a force to be reckoned with. Truly. Anyone unfortunate enough to be on the opposite side of our united front is destroyed (figuratively speaking, of course). And so many have been, some didn't even know it. :)
















You just can't understand the bond of sisterhood unless you've experienced it. It isn't really something that can be described. It's stronger than friendship...usually harsher as well. A sister knows you, and I mean really knows you. Not just the person you have become, but who you were before and HOW you became the person you are now, and chances are she had a major roll in shaping you. That has definitely been the case for me; my sisters are more than just family members, they are big pieces of my soul and integral aspects of my life and being...



It is no longer the three of us against the world. Don't get me wrong though, Katherine and I have awesome and amazing powers together, we just aren't as efficient with them as a pair at this point, it will only take a small period of adjustment, so those of you wanting to test our abilities best step back. :)

:::sigh:::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that we will perfect our Dinamic Duo! Even though we will always be a Trio at heart! I love you Stacey!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of three very smart, loving girls and I am so lucky to have you in my life!

Anonymous said...

Stacey,

I haven't been on your blog for awhile, but I just finished spending an hour or so. Very, very nicely done and I'm so proud to be the father of three creative and bright daughters.

As you are well aware, I'm still having a difficult time with the loss of Carrie, but seeing these pictures of the three of you at different stages of your lives is very helpful. Reading Carrie's blog comments from last summer is tough however, as it brings back memories of the day they were driving up and Carrie called 3 times in the final hour so excited that we were all going to meet the babies for the first time. For me, it was also seeing your Mom after most of 6-months away while she was with Carrie. But more than anything, I so badly wanted to see Carrie after almost 1-year and to watch her interact as a mother to her beautiful 1-month old twins.

Now as Tom and the babies prepare to move into their Boise home in the next 2 weeks or so, this will be another difficult time. You see, Carrie and I used to discuss the various aspects of her home, and we talked as recently as the week she died about what the priorities should be as it related to rooms, the yard, colors and things like that. Add to the fact Carrie never got to see her home in person (We were going to see the house on Dec 8 after breakfast) and I will be heartbroken over that fact for a very long time.

We are entering a period of great stress between Tom moving out, Carrie's 30th B'day, Clara and Miles 1st B'Day, 1st Thanksgiving without Carrie, the anniversary of Carrie's death (Dec 7), and another Christmas without my oldest daughter.