Monday, March 12, 2007

Just Me

An inch of time is an inch of gold:
Treasure it.
Appreciate its fleeting nature;
misplaced gold is easily found,
misspent time is lost forever.

--Loy Ching-Yuen





Every night before I go to bed I ask myself one question (and try to remember to write down the answer); What was the most important/relevant thing for me to take away from today?



Sometimes the answer is difficult to find, sometimes it is too easy, other times it's hard deciding between multiple events; but I feel more free somehow after I write it down, almost as though I can sleep easier knowing my day had value. It's sometimes easier to say that than to realize it, so writing it down puts life in a kind of perspective. For me anyway. :)

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love that idea so much!! Everyday is such a blessing and we should cherish them and not take our precious time we have for granted. I need to journal more!

XXoxoOxXXOooX (Have you seen Nacho Libre? I LOVED IT!!)